Monday, January 2, 2012

ILP Trivandrum

I never wanted to join TCS but I had to join after rejections in Google and SAP. I thought Initial Learning Program(ILP) will be crap and the only thing that will matter in ILP is the final certificate. But I was wrong, I found some of the best people i ever met in life. It was like college life again but without any groupism or partiality. It was the best batch I ever had in my life.

Training in .Net was not hard for me as i already knew .Net but that was like an added responsibility(of teaching and mentoring other people in which i failed but it was fun doing that). The classroom was not about serious studies or project work, it was about gossips, little work here and there and having fun.

Initially on the second day of ILP, i thought this is going be interesting as I got a nice looking Tech. Lead and the best girl of our batch as my learning partner(sorry to other girls but it's what i felt that day and also it's what I feel now). Now my job was to teach her .Net(which was really tough for me as i never had taught programming to a non IT background person) and also to help my other batch mates in their doubts. Initially during the process i tried to remain calm and composed but during the end I think I was the most frustrated person.

Then I got the smallest team in my batch for the project and my my Team made me their Project leader. I think it was one of the best teams I have ever worked in.
In the end everything went great and i had the best time of my life.

During the process I found some great friends whom I'll cherish all my life. Thank you T-82 for the awesome time. I'll always remember our class gossips and batch trips. I hope i could write more but if I do I might get sad remembering our sweet memories. I miss you people a lot.............THANK YOU :)

6 comments:

Ashish Ranjan said...

Hey Harsh...Really it was an awesome experience in the ILP.

We had a great time.

Swetha Srikanth said...

Thank you so much for writing this blog harsh. Sorry for noticing it late. You are absolutely right. Whatever you wrote about ILP is 100% true. Even i felt the same. :):) Happy that we all were a part of that short and sweet journey.Will cherish it forever.. :)

Syed Mahtab Haider said...

Love you T82....!!!! :)

SoftloverHKS said...

Thanks Swetha....it was amazing. Love you all T-82 :)

Ayushree Parsar said...

Its was awesome i mus say ILP as u said ryly what we expected from ILP n went derr we got relly more alot more than dat... Thanks fr da blog n thanks fr remembering it

SoftloverHKS said...

@Ayushree: true.... :)